>> Calendar >Menu >Settings >Leave Rules
Leave Rules enable you to automate leave balance conversions for situations such as end of year leave encashments or other similar situations.
CREATE LEAVE RULE
- Source activity - activity balance to be transferred from
- Balance threshold - only balance amounts above the threshold shall be transferred
- Metric - choose either Percentage or Fixed
- Amount - the Percentage or Fixed amount above the Threshold to be transferred
- Target activity - activity balance to be transferred to, select "Encashment" if you wish to convert to cash payment
Note: Make sure to configure the Wage Rate of Encashment activity in Settings according to company policy.
- Profile Group - Leave Rule will only apply to specified Group
- Fixed date - determines if Encashment will be based on Anniversary Date or Fixed Date. Leave uncheck if Encashment is based on Anniversary Date
- Trigger date - date when the leave rule should take effect. Trigger date will show if Fixed Date is checked
If you use ZipHR Payroll module, all leave Encashment balances will automatically be converted into Other Payments in the employee's next payslip.
Note: please ensure that the Payroll Batch Cycle is activated to accept "Encashments" in the Other Payment settings.