>>Payroll >Settings >Batch Cycles
Payroll Administrators should establish available Batch Cycles that will be available for Payroll Managers to run.
It is critical that the Batch Cycle setting is only available to selected individuals, as it will control who is able to see certain batches and authorize them for payment.
- Name - name your batch according to its purpose. For example, Regular Wage, Bonus, Expenses, Allowance, Confidential Employees, etc.
- Batch Type - the time period for which batch is run, such as Monthly, Bi-Monthly, Semi-monthly, Weekly, Yearly, Quarterly, or One-time
- Attendance Cut-off Date - regular date at which attendance calculations will cut off. For instance
- Monthly Batch - "20" will automatically open batches with attendance 19 Previous Month - 20 Current Month
- Bi-Monthly - "15, 31" will automatically apply 1-15 and 16-last day of the month
- Weekly - "Saturday" will automatically apply Saturday to Friday as cut-off
- Payroll Cut-off Date - behaves the same as Attendance Cut-off Date
- Expected Payment Date - the typical date when payroll payment is due
Note: This does not automatically mark payroll as paid during payment date
Select which calculation will apply to this batch.
- Wages - Disable Wages if you do not wish to include payment for Basic salary or any working, overtime, and holiday payments, for instance, if it is a batch specifically for Allowance.
- Contributions - Disable Contributions if it is a batch specifically to pay expenses or other payments that are not subject to contributions.
- Taxes - Disable Taxes if it is a batch specifically for non-taxable payments, such as expenses, loans, pension disbursement, and others.
Select which type of payments will be included in this batch.
Note: Specific Other Payment Types can also be configured to be excluded from Contribution and Taxes.
Determines which employees will be automatically included in this batch.
- All employees attached to the Batch Cycle - automatically includes all employees that are attached to this Batch Cycle through their My Profile > Salary details.
- Group Selection - filter employees to be included in the batch by Employee Type, Department, Position, Branch, Profile Group, Subsidiary, or Religion.
Determines who is allowed to verify, process, approve and pay the payroll batch.
Note: Only the indicated employees shall have the authority to process or approve payslips. Referring to the Batch Cycle setting to amend.
- Verify - open, calculate and verify
- Approve - approve payslips already verified
- Close - close payslips already approved
- Pay - pay payslips already closed
Note: if a single approver has multiple rights, they will be allowed to "jump" a payslip status.
For example, if approved has all the rights, they may move payslips directly from Verify --> Pay without a requirement for any other approvals in between.