>> Calendar > 3-bar icon > Settings > Holiday Rules
It is necessary to inform employees when there is a holiday. In ZipHR, we can add any Holidays declared in your country!
Learn how to add a new holiday for the upcoming year.
- Click ADD NEW HOLIDAY to add any holiday, input:
- Name - Description/Name of the holiday
- Type - if:
- Regular Holiday
- Special Holiday
- Statutory Holiday
- Date - date of the holiday
Original Activity will automatically be converted to the the New Activity, if they are scheduled on a holiday.
- Holiday Class: Name of the holiday you want to add
- Regular Holiday - fall on fixed dates such as Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and Independence Day. Exceptions to this rule are National Heroes Day and religious holidays for Philippines.
- Statutory Holiday -Mostly used by Indonesia and other countries. Statutory holidays are public holidays recognized by the federal government or the province.
- Special Holiday - Holiday enacted by Congress, they can also be declared by the President. This may apply to the whole country or for a specific city or province only.
- Original Activity - The first initial set up activity
- Original Holiday Type - The first initial set up Holiday type
- New Activity - the new set up activity due to changes in Government Announcements or Law
- New Activity Type - the new and updated set up activity
Any activity configured as “not able to be scheduled on a holiday” will automatically skip days that are Holidays. For instance, if the employee has a standard work schedule from Monday – Friday, it will skip any Holiday between those days. Also if an employee requests Annual Leave for a block of days, the request will automatically skip Holidays.
Certain activities may be configured to be available on Holidays, such as “Working (Holiday)”, “OT (Holiday)” etc., whereby the rate of wage is typically set higher than regular working days.
All published national holidays for the company country selected shall appear by default in the holiday's settings. The Admin may choose to remove holidays or add more holidays as they wish.
APPLYING CONVERSION RULES
You must select which employees for which Holiday Rules will apply.
Employee profile > Employment Info > Attendance > Follow holiday rules.
If the employee does not have "Follow holiday rules" enabled, then no activities will be automatically converted on such holidays.
BULK LEAVE REQUEST
Bulk Leave Request enables you to force a joint holiday for a group of employees at once.
- Filter Employees: select the Employee Type, Department, Branch or Group that the bulk leave will apply to
- Select Leave: select the Duration, Dates and Leave Type
- Description: leave a description so employees know why a group leave has been requested
- Bulk Leave Requests should be requested by an Administrator with adequate User Rights to auto-approve leave if the leave is being “forced” and does not require approvals
- If any employee does not have adequate balance for the leave requested, the balance will then become negative