>> My Team >Menu >Settings >Groups
Group similar employees to help you better organize employee and apply policies consistently.
Some common uses for groups are as follow, amongst others:
- Leave Policies – apply consistent leave policies based on employee grade
- Allowances & Commissions – apply automated payments to specific groups
- Attendance Policies – provide automated attendance rewards/penalties
- Expenses – restrict expense types to certain groups
- Announcements – make announcements to only specific groups
- Access Rights – apply restriction of access to an employee that can be found on Employment Info - Team Org
- Leave Rules – create leave rules to specific profile group
- Notifications – specify a group of employees that can also receive notifications
- Shifts – apply various shifts to similar groups
Some sample types of groups are:
- Employee Grade – Emp Tier 1, Emp Tier 2, Mgr Tier 1, Mgr Tier 2, Senior Mgr, Directors
- Employee Type – Manufacturing A, Manufacturing B, Junior Sales, Senior Sales
- Projects – Project A, Project B
Select <ADD GROUP> to create one.
- Name - Name of Group
- Class - select modules on where this group should only be applicable
- Description - brief description of the group (optional)
- Select Groups - select specific group to add, all employees attached to it will be automatically included
For example: You select "Tech" department, all employees in Tech Department is all automatically added in this group
- Select Employees - when you want to group employees from different Department, Branches, etc., the "Select Employees" will be most applicable.
TIP: You can either select Groups or Employees only
TIP: For bulk actions, use the Employee Details Worksheet to automatically create and assign groups to employee profiles.
- Edit - click "pencil" button to amend
- Delete - click "trash" button to remove permanently