>> Employee Profile >Terminate
With ZipHR, complex termination payments are all customized and automated.
Your Payroll Administrator should have already set up your Termination Settings, which will determine the default termination payment available. Click the Settings icon here to view configurations.
- Termination Payroll Batch - select the payroll batch where Termination Payments will be made. Note: employee must already have a "Pending" payroll batch to be selected.
- Reason for Termination – reason will determine what default payments will be made based on Termination Settings
- Termination Date – last day of employment
- Activate - click to the box on left to activate/deactivate payments
- Wage Basis - monthly wage payment is based upon
- Wage Basis Amount - calculated Wage Basis amount
- Length - calculated payable months/days according to Termination Settings
- Multiplier - multiple of Length according to Termination Settings
- Amount = Wage Basis Amount * Length * Multiplier
User may override Amounts calculated by Termination Settings by manually entering a different amount, in case of any termination payments that may not follow standard company policies.
- Once payments are confirmed, they will be automatically included to the specified payslip
- Any corrections to termination payments can still be made directly on the payslip
- If you wish to add other payments that are not included in the termination payment (shown in the termination tab), you may manually add it directly on the payslip of employee. Please see Validating Payslip article to learn more.