Before scheduling employees, please ensure that you have set up all your Activities!
See Understanding Working Events for detailed explanation on available event fields.
If the employee keeps a regular recurring schedule that does not change (such as office employees), then applying Standard Schedules are the most efficient way to roster them. Standard Schedules apply a consistent, reoccurring schedule to the employee, so that you don’t have to continuously schedule them for the same events.
Follow these steps to apply Standard Schedules:
- Go to Employment Info Tab > Standard Schedule
- Apply a standard Event Template, or input a custom schedule
Use the <Add Bulk Event> function found on the Calendar to schedule events that are not standard or frequently change.
- Employee Selection - filter employees that the schedule will apply to
- Week – select week to schedule
- Apply a shift template – quickly apply Event Template, if applicable
- Replace Existing Events - will entirely overwrite any events that may exist in the scheduled Week, including any empty days being scheduled
- Activity – choose an activity, like Working or Rest Day
- Shift – select Shift, mostly applicable to Employee with schedule frequently change day by day
- Cost Centre – select Cost Centre if applicable, leave blank if none
- Holiday Type – choose holiday type if the events/activity have applicable holiday rate
- Start Core First/Last – time window in which the employee may check-in to work
- Absence/Half-day Threshold – time duration limit until the system will mark the employee as absent/half-day; check-ins beyond time duration will mark the employee tardy
- Add Event – create a different schedule for each day of the week
- Approvals - if Manager Approval or Employee Consent is selected, the schedule will not be committed to calendar until approvals are received
- Repeat Event – replicate schedules into the future for specified number of weeks
ADD SINGLE EVENT
If only a single event is being rostered, click on any empty cell on the calendar and then input the required fields such as, (others are optional & if applicable only):
- Scheduled time
- Break time