My Team > Bulk Data > Profile Access
In cases where an employer intends to update Profile Access in bulk, this Import function can be used to assign different System Access Rights to each User Role.
To get a template, from My Team Dashboard > Click BULK DATA.
- Select IMPORT in Type.
- Beside the Type, select Profile Access to download the template.
Now, you’re ready to encode the Profile Access data of employees.
PREPARING THE UPLOAD FILE
Fields needed in filling out the template.
- Employee ID * – highly recommended to add the internal Employee ID in order to better map any subsequent data to be imported
- Active – Yes, if active employee; No if not
- Name, Middle Name, Surname, Alias – optional
- User Rights – set of rights the user will have
- Module Access – put Active if employee should have access to that module; Inactive if should not. Note that you can only put an Active status if the module is available for your company. To activate a module, follow this Module Activation article.
- My Team
IMPORTANT NOTE: Active users are immediately chargeable for modules that are active (modules not currently on a Trial basis).
IMPORTING THE FILE
Once done with the template, you can now upload the data.
Go back to where you got the template. My Team > Bulk Data > Select Profile Access > Browse File > Click <Import>.
APPENDING VS. OVERWRITE
- Append - Only data that is provided will be added, blank cells will be ignored
- Overwrite - Replaces all existing data. WARNING: Any blank cells in the import file will cause existing data to be PERMANENTLY DELETED
- Import Notifications - ZipHR will send you an email and browser notification once the import process is complete. This usually takes a few seconds but can take a few minutes if your file is very large.
- Success! – A notification will state how many files were successfully uploaded
- Failure – a detailed report of where the import failed will be provided so you can make amendments and import again.
IMPORTANT - You may also manage the updating of User Rights for a bulk of employee via the Profile Manager as an alternative to using import worksheets.