>>Payroll >Payroll batch >Retroactive Events
There are many situations where a working or leave event is amended after payroll has been processed for that period. In this case, ZipHR's Retroactive event feature can help you manage those events for adjustments that you would want to pay onto the next batch.
Before running Retroactive events, specify the Approval Cutoff Date first.
- Approval Cutoff Date - the date on which the previous batch was CLOSED/PAID
- Search employee - search the individual employee
- Activity - filter events by Activity
- Type - filter events by event type such as Manually Created, Leave Request, Event request, Event edit request
Note: Changes/edits made by Admin or users with Calendar Administrator access will not reflect/ be computed in the retroactive events.
- The Cutoff Period will search events where
- event date prior to the cutoff
- approval date after the cutoff
- Sample situation
- Say we are looking at Feb 12 batch
- You PAID the Feb 12 batch on Feb 15
- Then all events approved as of Feb 15 will be included in the Feb 12 batch already
- Now you are doing Feb 27 batch and want to catch any Retroactive events for adjustments
- The Cutoff Date should be Feb 15
- Then you would see events say for example
- Once you retroactively pay this Feb 10 event, it should not appear in the list anymore
CREATE RETROACTIVE PAYMENT
See event details by clicking the event.
Select events that you would retroactively pay in the list.
Click the <Create Retroactive Payment>.
In Select Payroll Batch, choose the pending batch you have then click <Create> to add.
Once the above have been done, ZipHR will show you the below details of events.
- Employee Name
- Activity name
- Event date
- Type - The event request type
- Length - Shows you the Total Hours or Days
- Wage Basis - The wage to be paid for the event
- Wage Rate - Multiplier for the wage basis
- Amount - Final amount for the adjustments
- Say for example, in the above event
- Working - Jan 18, 2022
- Employee amended this working into Night Shift which from 22:00 to 06:00
- In the Activity settings of Working, Night Differential is 10%
- The employee is in Monthly Wage Period
- The way system computed the retroactive pay is
- 537 / 8 EWH * 10% * 8 Hours = 53.7
RETROACTIVE EVENTS ADDED AS OTHER PAYMENTS
The events will be added in the Payslip Other Payments of the employee as Wage Adjustment once <Create> has been triggered.
Important Note: Calculate the payroll batch to make sure all retroactive payments are added.