Learn how to onboard new employees to ZipHR.
Use the <ADD EMPLOYEE> feature on the My Team Page to quickly add an employee. Complete only as much as basic information as you can here, but don't worry you can still add or amend info later.
- Personal Details
- Employee Name (First, Middle, Last) – * Required
- Nickname - Alias, optional
- Personal Email - Own created email, optional
- Mobile – * Required; should start with +country code and area code
- Employment Details
- Hire Date – * Required
- Contract Expiry Date
- Employee ID - * Required
If no Employee ID provided, ZipID will be auto-assigned
- Company Email - * Required, company provided email
If no Company Email provided, ZipHR will be auto-create a dummy email until one is provided
- Clone Profile – Clone an existing employee to replicate Job Details, Team Org, Access & User Rights, Attendance, and Payroll
This is useful if you will add a new employee who has the same position and department as an already existing user in the company.
- Employment Type
- Branch *
- Cost Center
- Probation Period (days)
- Notice Period (days)
- Approval Matrix
- Standard Schedule
- Payroll Details
- Basic Wage
- Wage Period - Monthly, Daily, or Hourly
- Batch Cycle - Regular Monthly, Regular Bi-Monthly, or Regular Weekly
- Payment Method - Electronic, Cash, or Cheque
- Bank Account Holder Name
- Bank Name
- Bank Account Number
- Role - Choose what should be the person's role/access rights
- Module Activation – Select the module that employee should have access to
NOTE: Basic modules to activate are My Team, Payroll, and Calendar for employees to have access to their payslip, schedule, and employee details.
Once you have added an employee, go to Invites when you are ready for them to join the system!
TIP: If the Email Address or mobile number of the employee/user is already added to another ZipHR's account, this notice will appear.
Click <Add/Invite> button to add the employee. Existing User will automatically have access to the account once added.
>>My Team >Bulk Data
Adding a large number of employees can be done easily by importing employee details in bulk.
We recommend the following process to get as much employment details loaded at once.
- Filter list of employees in My Team for those who are most similar to the new employees being added
- Download list of filtered employees
- Copy / Paste row of existing employee that is most similar to New Employee
- WARNING - Delete the ZipID so that you will create a new employee rather than replacing data for the existing employee
- Replace all personal details with New Employee details. You may leave any field except the Name blank.
- Review all the employment details for those applicable to the New Employee
- Remove all rows for existing employees
- Import, all new employees will be created