Managers and Approvers are one of the important data needed to update before rolling out ZipHR to your organization.
Before we do this, make sure that the Managers and Approvers you would assign to Employees have the "Manager & Approver" access in user rights!
Update Role Access in Bulk
You can change the rights in bulk by
SETTING MANAGERS AND APPROVERS IN BULK
My Team > Bulk Data > Team Org
ZipHR makes it easy to set managers and approvers in bulk.
Let's start by creating the Approval Matrix. Once done, we can now apply the approval matrix in mass. Follow the recommended steps below.
- In My Team > Bulk Data, export Team Org to have a copy of all employees loaded in the app.
- On the downloaded Team Org file, there is an Employee Group details that will help you easily apply the appropriate matrixes of employees based on their department, group, or branch!
- Remove other details on Team Org part except if the employee approver will not be included in the new update.
- Then on the Approval Matrix column, apply the approval matrix that was created in the system specifically for the Employee Group selected. Type or copy the name of the matrix.
Make sure it is the exact name and then save.
If the Approval Matrix is created by Department, then on the Team Org file, you can filter it by "Department" and apply the approval matrix applicable.
Note: Employee Group field here are for reference only.
- Go back to the first step, import the Team Org file, and then import.
APPENDING VS. OVERWRITE
- Append - Only data that is provided will be added, blank cells will be ignored
- Overwrite - Replaces all existing data. WARNING: Any blank cells in the import file will cause existing data to be PERMANENTLY DELETED
- Import Notifications - ZipHR will send you an email and browser notification once the import process is complete. This usually takes a few seconds but can take a few minutes if your file is very large.
- Success! – A notification will state how many files were successfully uploaded
- Failure – a detailed report of where the import failed will be provided so you can make amendments and import again.