ZipHR offers extensive options to manage complex and customized work schedules. Learn here how to manage a working event.
- Date *
- Shift - use a standard shift, if one applies
- Activity * - select the applicable activity
- Branch * - where the event will take place
- Cost Center - select if event is tagged to a cost center
- Holiday Type - select if event occurs on a Holiday, Double Holiday, Rest Day etc.
Note that this selection will automatically apply additional pay rates for certain Holiday Types.
- Scheduled Time * - scheduled work hours
- Break Time - scheduled break time (as applicable)
- Check-in/out - real-time record of employee timekeeping (an icon will show whether check in/out in mobile, web, or bundy-clock)
- Break-in/out - real-time record of employee timekeeping (an icon will show whether break in/out in mobile, web, or bundy-clock)
- Description - any specific details about the event, as applicable
Event settings are determined by the Profile Attendance Settings and only displayed on events for reference.
- Expected Working Hours
- Tardy Grace
- Check-in Required
- Break-in Required
- Fixed Break Time
- Check in Grace Only
- Deduct Tardy
- Deduct Tardy Grace
Options provide additional features to specify events.
- Start Core Hours - flexible window of time employee may check-in without being marked tardy
- Overtime Window - allow OT to be considered as part of an existing working event
- Half-day Absence - max hours employee may be tardy until a half-day will be counted absent
- Full-Day Absence - max hours employee may be absent until entire event will be counted absent
- Manager Approval - selected if event requires manager approval - this option may be locked by administrator settings
- Employee Consent - selected if event requires employee to consent - this option may be locked by administrator settings
Event duration provides detailed time calculations for you to easily review timekeeping records and how it may impact employee wages.
- Scheduled Time - scheduled event hours
- Break Time - scheduled break hours
- Total - Scheduled Time less Break Time
- Checked-in/out - recorded hours between check-in and check-out
- Break-in/out - recorded hours between break-in and break-out
- Total - Checked-in/out less Break-in/out
Tardy calculated with respect to Activity Tardy and and Event Option settings.
- Tardy-in - Check-in less Scheduled Start time
- Break Tardy - Break Time less Break-in/out
- Undertime - Scheduled End time less Check-out time
- Absent - event is marked absent if any Check-in/out or Break-in/out were not recorded
Time used for calculation of wages.
- Regular Time - Total Scheduled Hours less total Tardy or Absent hours
- Overtime Window - any time recorded during Overtime Window to be paid at an alternate wage rate